Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ok

Sometimes I think I'm too much of an elitist, that maybe I'm wrong to make such dramatic negative assumptions about the 150 million or so Americans living in red states...and then I see a headline like this, and I'm shaken out of my weak-ass relativist reverie

Utah Officials tell citizens: Stop shooting your old televisions

http://content6.flixster.com/photo/11/24/60/11246036_gal.jpg

Only in the middle of the United States and the South do people need to have it explicitly stated to them NOT to take guns, and with those guns, shoot holes in televisions.

No where else, has the SHOOTING OF TELEVISIONS WITH ACTUAL FUCKING GUNS become so endemic that the government feels a need to put a stop to it.

This is madness.

1 comment:

Candypants said...

ben, i guarantee that you have NEVER thought of yourself as an elitist.