Monday, January 25, 2010

jury duty

Phew.

So I got out of jury duty, but I was pretty seriously stressed out about it, because when we arrived we were told that the trial would be lasting through mid-march. I got released because of "personal hardship" –- if I had to miss 23 school days I wouldn't get a teaching credential.

So all in all, it was pretty good. I can't get called in again for another year, I got to read 87 pages of A.J.P Taylor's origins of the second world war, and watched a neat-o instructional video on why we should be excited to get called in for Jury Duty.

Also, Pauly Shore - 55

2 comments:

Adam said...

I have to go in two weeks.

I never considered having to do it for multiple days. That sounds terrible.

ben said...

there are a lot of pretty easy ways to get out of it.

If you have made a financial obligation toward travel, for example, you're good

if you can explain that it will cause a financial hardship for you you're good, there's other stuff